Garmin GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch GMR 18 HD+ Dome Radar w/15M Cable [010-01917-13GMR]Garmin
GPSMAP® 1242xsv Touch & GMR 18 HD+ Dome Radar with 15M Cable
GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch is the ideal choice for the coastal fisherman who wants to step up to a big, bright 12” touchscreen combo. It includes built-in 1 kW single-channel CHIRP plus ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars, and it’s compatible with Panoptix all-seeing sonar. Preloaded BlueChart g3 HD charts and LakeVü HD maps provide market-leading features such as Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading. It features full networking capabilities to build your marine system with radar, autopilot, sonar modules and sensors. It also supports FLIR cameras, GRID™ keypad, GXM™ 53 marine weather receiver, FUSION-Link™ audio system, VIRB® camera streaming and more. Network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network. Plus, it has built-in Wi-Fi® to support the ActiveCaptain™ app.
12” Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo:
- 1 kW single-channel CHIRP sonar provides crystal-clear images with remarkable target separation and definition
- ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars deliver nearly photographic images of what is below, around and to the sides of your boat
- Preloaded BlueChart® g3 charts and LakeVü HD maps include market-leading features such as Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading
- Fully network capable to build your marine system; network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network
- Supports Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar
Built-in Sonar Capabilities
Access some amazing sonar capabilities — all you add are transducers. GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch comes with built-in Garmin 1 kW CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars. It even supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, premium Garmin sonar modules and a wide range of transducers (sold separately).
Preloaded with Exceptional Garmin Cartography
LakeVü g3 inland maps and BlueChart® g3 coastal charts provide industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics® data and Auto Guidance1 technology. LakeVü g3 and BlueChart g3 include Auto Guidance1, which uses your desired depth and overhead clearance to calculate routes and provide a suggested path to follow. LakeVü g3 provides coverage on more than 17,000 lakes with up to 1’ contours. BlueChart g3 also includes NOAA raster cartography, available as a free downloadable feature via the ActiveCaptain® app. Additionally, they both offer easy-to-use features such as Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading, which let you view your target depth to avoid running aground.
Upgrade to Our Best Maps on the Water
Accessory map purchases, such as LakeVü g3 Ultra or BlueChart® g3 Vision, add even more features and detail to your maps and charts. LakeVü g3 Ultra and BlueChart g3 Vision add high-resolution relief shading, which provides an easy-to-interpret, clearer view of bottom structure than contour lines alone — plus many other chart and map-enhancing features.
Built-in Quickdraw Contours to Create Your Own HD Maps
Instantly create personalized HD fishing maps onscreen with 1’ contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. These are your maps — you own them. Keep the data to yourself, or share it with the Quickdraw Community.
Build Your Marine System
The touchscreen combo is fully networked using the Garmin Marine Network, NMEA 2000®/NMEA 0183, J1939 and built-in ANT® connectivity, so you can build your marine system with radar, autopilot, sonar modules, instruments, sensors, FLIR cameras, FUSION-Link, VIRB camera streaming and more. Network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.
Built-in SailAssist Features
To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, your chartplotter features a prerace guidance page. It shows your virtual starting line along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer that can be synchronized across all your networked Garmin GPS products. In addition, other supported sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data and more.
Heading and Position Refreshed 10 Times Per Second
The fast, responsive 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver refreshes your position and heading 10 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. Now, it’s quick and easy to drop up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find your way back to them.
In The Box:
- GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch chartplotter
- Power/data cable
- NMEA 2000® T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable (2 meters)
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- 8-pin transducer to 12-pin sounder adapter cable
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- Garmin Marine Network™ Ports: 2
- Transducer Ports: 1 (12 Pin)
- NMEA 2000® Port: 1
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports: 1
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 1
- Video Input Ports: 1 BNC
- Video Output Ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
¹Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
GMR 18 HD+ Dome Radar with 15M Cable
The compact GMR 18 HD+ dome radar is a good choice for boats with limited room for radar placement. It delivers 4 kW of transmit power and clear echo definition at all ranges to enhance situational awareness. Overlay radar images onto your chartplotter map page; however, for best overlay results, an optional autopilot or heading sensor is recommended. It also helps you avoid traffic on the water. GMR 18 HD+ provides MARPA target tracking when combined with a multifunction display and heading sensor (sold separately).
Dynamic Auto Gain automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions. Dynamic Sea Filter automatically adjusts sea clutter, depending on sea conditions. GMR 18 HD+ features 8-bit true color resolution for a clear presentation on your chartplotter screen. It has a maximum range of 36 nautical miles with a minimum range of 20 meters and a rotation speed of 24 RPM. There are no complex user settings, and it’s easy to install and start using.
- Streamlined 18-inch 4kW dome radar
- Deliver 4kW of transmit power and clear echo definition at all ranges
- Dynamic Auto Gain automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions
- Dynamic Sea Filter automatically adjusts gain to changing sea conditions
- Overlays the radar image on the chartplotter map page (autopilot or heading sensor is recommended for best results)
- MARPA target tracking when combined with a multifunction display and heading sensor (sold separately)
- Beam angles: 5.0° horizontal, 25° vertical
- Max range: 36 nautical miles
- Minimum range: 20 meters
- Rotation speed: 24 revolutions/minute
- No complex user settings; easy to install and start using
- GMR 18 HD+ radome
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
- Included Transducer: Not Included
- Cartography Brand: Garmin
- Screen Size: 12'
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Transducer Included: No
- Box Dimensions: 9"H x 12"W x 17"L WT: 42.2 lbs